In term 2, we will be exploring the following Maths topics:
- Area and Perimeter of regular and irregular shapes and triangles
- Prime, square and triangular numbers
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Conversion between units of measurement e.g. Kg - g
In term 1, we will be exploring the following Maths topics:
- Place value
- Multiplication and Division
- Comparison Line Graphs
- Time - 12hr and 24hr clock
- Shape - 2D and 3D shapes
- Mean, Median, Mode and Range
Each morning, P6/7 participate in various mental maths activities, such as counting aloud, completing activities on the interactive whiteboard and going head-to-head as part of a team. We also take time to revise our times tables.
Every Thursday morning from 08:45, we participate in various table-top mental maths activities set up in a carousel style. We love the movement around the various stations and exploring all the different games whilst improving our skills, knowledge and understanding.