World Around Us Topic - Titanic
During Term 2, we would be learning about the Titanic as part of our World Around Us studies. Unfortunately, we are unable to do this because of lockdown. However, I have provided suggested topic-related activities and attached some links below to websites which I think you might find useful if you want to carry out some learning of your own based on our topic. *Please note, these activities are NOT compulsory.
I would love to see some pictures of your topic studies; please feel free to email those to me.
- Research ‘Samson and Goliath.’ Draw up a timeline of the building of Titanic.
- Check out the interior of the ship. What differences do you notice between first class and third class accommodation?
- Use junk materials to construct a 3D model of the Titanic.
- Using Google Maps, explore the planned journey of the Titanic. Roughly where did it sink?
- Listen to this Music - which do you think was playing in first class and which was playing in third class? What differences can you hear?
- Investigate: ‘How do large and supposedly heavy icebergs, such as that which struck the Titanic, not sink?
- Draw and paint a picture of the Titanic based on the work in artist ‘Ken Marschall.’